General Resort Rules & Regulations
Respect the land, facilities, and neighbors equally, treating this resort as your home away from home.
- Rules & Regs Legend:
– Owner – owner of River Dance
– Management – River Dance Property Management
– River Dance – the entire property, padded and not padded, water/wastewater facilities, etc.
– Occupants – short- and long-term tenants/families
– Guests – visitors of short- and long-term tenants
– Dwelling – Class A, B or C motorhomes, fifth wheels, hard-sided travel trailers, pop-up trailers and toy haulers
- 5 MPH is the speed limit throughout River Dance.
- Drive only on designated roadways; do not drive on grass.
Showers & Bathrooms
- Available to all Occupants and are open 24 hours a day.
- No fees are charged for use at this time; this is subject to change at any time.
- Do not wash pets in the River Dance showers/facilities.
- Use of facilities is limited to 30 minutes or less.
- Do not flush anything in toilets other than toilet paper that is provided (no wipes, feminine products, etc.).
- Be courteous, clean up after yourself, and keep doors closed at all times.
- Laundry facilities are available to all Occupants.
- Only clothing is allowed in the washer/dryer; NO: shoes, blankets, bulky or otherwise damaging items.
- Only clean clothes allowed on laundry room table.
- Be courteous, clean up after yourself, and keep doors closed at all times.
- Easy access has been provided to relax and enjoy the Eagle River.
- Children are not allowed near or on the riverbanks unless attended by an adult. No exceptions.
- Fishing is allowed with permission and a valid Colorado fishing license.
- This area is catch and release only.
- All hooks must be barbless.
- No commercial guiding or resident access for launching boats.
Trash / Recycling
- Immediately place all trash and recycling in the designated containers.
- We are in an active wildlife area; do not set your trash outside your Dwelling at any time.
- All trash should be collected in a plastic bag and disposed of in the provided dumpsters.
- Do not throw personal garbage in restrooms, showers, laundry, office, or other trash cans. Dumpsters only.
- Recycling should follow the protocols of Eagle County, found below (see “Acceptable Materials”): https://www.eaglecounty.us/solidwasteandrecycling/recycling “Acceptable Materials”
- Recycled items should be clean, cardboard flattened, and NO plastic bags allowed.
Fires / Grilling
- No solid fuel fire pits are allowed.
- In the future, there will be one (1) fire pit provided by Owner in the proximity of the central common area.
- Only one (1) grill is allowed per River Dance lot. Grill must be operational and kept in a clean, orderly manner.
- Permitted fuels for grills are limited to: (1) propane and (2) wood pellets.
- Do not place stoves or grills on picnic tables.
Smoking (Strictly Enforced)
- Smoking is allowed at individual pads ONLY and smoking must adhere to Municipal Fire Regulations.
- Visit http://www.ecemergency.org/2020/04/eagle-county-fire-restriction-info.html to find current fire restrictions.
- No smoking in any common areas including but not limited to laundry, bathrooms, showers, outside sitting areas, and green spaces.
- All trash related to smoking must be fully extinguished and disposed of in your own trashcan!
Wildfire Safety – Firearms, Fireworks, Embers
- Wildfire is a serious risk year-round and fire restrictions may be in place.
- Always be vigilant: Only use approved outdoor devices and ensure that a responsible adult is always present until a grill and fuel is out cold.
- In case of a wildfire, all Occupants at River Dance are required to adhere to mandatory evacuation orders and must follow any instructions as dictated by emergency personnel.
- Firearms and fireworks are prohibited at River Dance.
- Occupants must check to see whether fire restrictions are in effect before (future: using the single designated common fire pit), smoking outdoors, or using outdoor grills, or stoves.
- Visit http://www.ecemergency.org/2020/04/eagle-county-fire-restriction-info.html to find current fire restrictions and other wildfire prevention information.
- Do not chase or harass wildlife. This applies to people and pets. – Do not feed wildlife. – Always keep a safe distance from wildlife.
- Vehicles of all types must park in designated parking areas.
- All vehicles must be registered and updated with Management.
- Registration includes Make, Model, Color, License Plate, Type/Description
- Vehicles at any pad must fit within the confines of the pad.
- Allowed per pad, either:
- One (1) Vehicle and One (1) Dwelling
- One (1) Vehicle and Two (2) motorcycles
- The vehicle(s) may not infringe on adjacent pads or grass areas.
- Extra vehicles must park in designated overflow parking areas.
- Overflow parking areas are subject to relocation; notice will be given.
- Permit parking and parking fees may be required.
- No parking on roadways or other pads – only in designated parking areas.
- Vehicles in violation of these rules will be towed at the vehicle owners’ expense.
- Each pad will be allowed to keep up to two (2) bicycles per pad stored outside.
- No boat, utility, storage, or auto trailers may be parked in River Dance without approval from Management (added fees may apply).
- No exterior storage is allowed; examples: tires, storage bins, boxes, etc.
Quiet Enjoyment & Code of Conduct
- Quiet hours are 10:00pm to 8:00am.
- All Occupants should be courteous to others ensuring noise levels are acceptable at all times.
- Loud music is not allowed at any time.
- Occupants are responsible for the conduct of their family members and Guests at River Dance.
- Any person(s) who create a disturbance or behave in a manner that constitutes a threat or substantial nuisance to others will not be allowed to remain at River Dance.
- The use of motorcycles, diesel vehicles, or other vehicles with louder than normal exhaust are prohibited during quiet hours.
- No excessive dog barking is allowed.
- No soliciting, peddling, loitering, trespassing, or trading allowed in River Dance.
- No businesses are permitted to operate out of River Dance.
- No criminal or drug related activity in or near River Dance.
- No outdoor washing of any vehicle, dwelling, pet, person, etc.
- ATV’s, Side-by-Side’s, Minibikes are prohibited from resort premises.
- No generators may be used in River Dance.
- Do not tamper with the landscaping, water, electric or plumbing systems.
- No cutting, tying of ropes (including dog leases or hanging clothes), or climbing on any of the trees and shrubs.
- Firearms, bows, fireworks, air rifles, and any other projectile firing devices are prohibited at River Dance.
- No pesticides, chemicals, or any harmful substances are allowed at River Dance.
Vehicles & Dwellings
- All vehicle license numbers must be recorded and kept up to date with Management.
- Unmuffled vehicles are not allowed.
- RV’s, automobiles, and motorcycles must be current on their registration, in good running order, good condition, and operated by a licensed driver.
- Vehicles with issues such as flat tires, dead battery, leaks, broken windows, exterior surfaces, or is deemed to be in general poor condition, may not be parked at River Dance.
- No Dwelling deemed to be in “poor” condition (e.g., broken or cracked windows, flat tires, rusted, badly dented, or in need of paint) will be allowed in River Dance.
- All vehicle repairs and maintenance (e.g., oil changes, lubes, etc.) is prohibited. – Management must approve any Dwelling 15 years and older.
- No utility trailers will be allowed at River Dance.
- All Dwellings must be leveled and supported with the proper equipment.
- All levelers must be blocked.
- Only customary outdoor patio/lawn furniture may be left outside. All outdoor patio/lawn furniture must be in good, clean condition.
- Please close awnings, canopies, and umbrellas when Dwelling is unattended and during high wind. Strong winds can cause serious damage and loss of property.
- No tents or make-shift shelters are allowed anywhere at River Dance.
Utilities & Property Preservation
- All sewer connections (by Federal Law) must have an airtight seal.
- Management reserves the right to disconnect utilities in order that repair, alterations, or additions may be made. Occupants will be notified, when possible, of any planned utility system shutdown.
- River Dance shall not be responsible for any loss suffered by any Occupant from planned or emergency shutdowns.
- No gray or black water dumping. Violation will result in immediate eviction without refund and a $500 fine.
- There is no dump station on the property with the closest dump station at the Edwards Rest Area (Exit 163). Only those vehicles at full hook-up pads are allowed to dump at River Dance.
- Owner responsibility for electric and sewer shall extend only to the point of connection and shall not have any responsibility for the condition or functioning of any pipes, conduits or wires from such point of connection to the Occupant’s Dwelling.
- Wastewater: must be disposed of properly, no dumping on the ground. Appropriate sewer connection with airtight seal is required.
- Owner is responsible for providing a functioning yard hydrant at each pad. The moment an Occupant makes a connection to the hydrant, it is the Occupants responsibility to ensure proper freeze protection of the entire hydrant; from ground to Dwelling.
- Any Occupant destroying/damaging any part of River Dance, in its entirety, or other Occupant’s personal property will be required to make restitution.
- If your Dwelling has an electrical problem creating a problem with River Dance’s electric system and a certified electrician must be called, Occupant will be responsible for the cost of the electrician’s service call and damages.
- Owners must pick up any and all animal excrement immediately upon excretion anywhere at River Dance: in the brush, next your Dwelling/pad. Immediately. Everywhere. No exceptions. Strictly Enforced.
- Pet feces is litter! Failure to clean up immediately after an animal will result in a $30.00 charge per occurrence.
- All animals must be up to date on applicable required vaccinations. Proof may be requested at any time.
- Pets must be physically leashed at all times. Pets may not be left unattended at River Dance. Well behaved pets may be unleashed in the designated fenced-in dog area. You must pick up after your dog before you leave.
- All animals must be pre-approved to stay in the park. Pet fees may apply.
- Other than fish, you may have no more than two (2) total pets.
- All animals must be under the control of the pet owner via a physical leash when outdoors. Further, no animal shall be left outside unattended at any time. If outside (unless on a supervised & leashed walk) it shall be kept in close proximity to the entrance of your camper.
- Any animal that is aggressive towards any animal or human must be reported in writing (email ok) immediately to Management, and not more than two (2) days after the occurrence. Should an animal bite or attack someone, or cause physical harm in any way, you are responsible for any and all costs and liability arising from the incident. Additionally, you must notify the local Police/Sheriff’s department, and Animal Control immediately. Then, notify the Management of the incident and ensure Management receives a copy of the police report.
- Animals with a history of aggression are not allowed to reside in the park.
- Animals may not be tied up or kenneled outside of the unit.
- No dangerous dog breeds will be accepted in the park as a pet. A dangerous breed list is available at www.dogsbite.org. Most insurance companies include the following breeds in their dangerous breed lists: Pit Bulls, “Bully” breeds, Staffordshire Terriers, Rottweilers, German Shepherds, Huskies, Alaskan Malamutes, Doberman Pincers, Chow Chows, Presa Canarios, Boxers, and Dalmatians. These breeds are not allowed anywhere on the premises. This restriction pertains to dogs that are mixed with these breeds as well.
- No pets allowed in the office, laundry, showers, or bathrooms, unless a registered Service Animal.
- Permitting animals to stray, soil other Occupants’ pads, create unreasonable noise, act unruly or cause complaints from other Occupants is prohibited. If, at any time, the safety of others, including pets, is threatened or feels threatened by the existence of a particular animal, Occupant will immediately comply with Management’s requests to mitigate the threat. At Management’s sole discretion, the appropriate mitigation will be determined. This may include such actions as a request to obtain adequate insurance, a requirement that pet move off the property immediately, etc. Non-compliance is grounds for Occupant’s immediate eviction.
- A service animal, assistance animal or comfort animal owner must provide documentation as required by the Americans with Disabilities Act (ADA). A service animal, per the ADA definition, is a dog that has been individually trained to do work or perform tasks for an individual with a disability. The work the animal performs is directly related to the disability and the animal is trained to assist the person. If the animal is not an ADA-defined service animal, verification for reasonable accommodation is required from the pet owner’s medical provider. Pet owners of verified service animals, assistance animals, or comfort animals will not be charged a pet fee but must keep their animal in compliance with all other aspects of this Animal Policy.
- Management reserves the right to remove or require removal of any animal, at any time for any reason, in management’s sole discretion.
- Winterize water line from base of hydrant to camper connection.
- Build around the hydrant for best protection. PVC pipe can be used (visit pads 1, 8 or 18 for an example of how to do this).
- Winterize the sewer connections and valves.
- Keep electrical pedestal closed.
- Clear snow from pad, sewer connections, water hydrants and electrical pedestals to allow for access.
- Snow removal of your pad is your responsibility. Shoveling pads is not provided by River Dance.
- River Dance is on a private sewer system, meaning we treat all waste in the sewer lines. Antifreeze and similar chemical agents have the potential to seriously damage and/or destroy our Wastewater Treatment System. These products are HIGHLY discouraged and should be avoided. Most effective prevention is to use skirting, ground heaters, and proper placement of heat tape to protect your camper and River Dance utilities from winter conditions.
- Any damage caused by not having the necessary winterization in place will be repaired at Campers expense (and this can get very expensive, so please winterize properly, per the rules outlined here-in).
Here are a few tips and trick to help you meet the winterization requirements at River Dance:
- Skirting is HIGHLY recommended. There are several different routes you may consider:
- Manufacturers vinyl skirting
- Wood products
- Pre-primed wood panels
- Custom made vinyl, neutral colors
- Even though your camper/RV might be rated “4-Seasons”, that rating is not meant to withstand freezing temperatures. Prepare accordingly.
- If your rig is not equipped with heated tanks, a milk-house heater placed under your tanks will help keep tanks warm and dump lines from freezing. Any damage caused by freezing will be at your expense.
- If your rig has a heated underbelly, be sure to run your furnace as your primary heat source so that the belly stays warm. (Relying on electric heaters can cause the underbelly to get cold and freeze water lines).
- Water hoses must be winterized (either heated lines or approved/standard modifications – like adding heat tape – to keep the lines from freezing).
- Small ceramic heaters, with tip safety features, can be used in your compartment to help keep water lines from freezing.
- Be sure that water filters or metal fittings are not exposed.
- Vehicle(s) must fit in your pad and may NOT spill over into the road to ensure snowplows can get through. Any damage resulting from vehicles parked outside of your pad will result in fines.
Calls may be recorded for quality assurance. Management reserves the right to change or revise the Rules and Regulations from time to time and as it sees fit. Written notice of changes will be communicated to Occupants.
Owner and Management are not responsible for damage, injury, or loss to either person or property; and absolve themselves from all liability and responsibility pertaining to loss by fire, theft, weather, acts of God, property damage, accident, or any other cause whatsoever. By residing at River Dance, Occupants understand and agree to save, protect and hold harmless the Owner and Management from all such liability.
The River Dance Rules and Regulations apply to all Occupants and Occupants Guests. Occupants are fully responsible, accountable, and liable for the conduct of their family and Guests. Any violation of these stated Rules and Regulations will directly affect the Occupant associated with the violator/violation.
If you have any questions about these policies, please contact our management team at: email@example.com.